- Thanks to Matt KD7BBJ for mowing the lawn at LCARA last Thursday
- Keep an ear out on the Monday night net for announcements regarding groundskeeping activities.
- The weather station is back online after the power outage
- Thanks to Glen N7UIG for letting me know.
Upcoming Events 🗓
- 04/13 Wed 19:00 LCARA Presentation Night at the LCARA clubhouse
- Topic: Software Defined Radio: what, how, why, and demos
- Presenter: KF7HVM
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88478698777
- 04/16 Sat 11:00+ HF/UHF/VHF Operations and Training (3rd Saturday)
- KF7HVM leading a hands-on workshop for VHF packet / winlink setup and configuration to prepare for the upcoming Apr 30 exercise.
Later This Month
- 04/20 Wed 19:00 LCARA Business Meeting
- 04/30 Sat 08:00 - 13:00 5th Saturday Comm Exercise
- This will be a primarily digital / packet exercise. Stations will be expected to receive orders via APRS and submit reports via Winlink (or voice to net control, then Winlink).
- Thanks to Ed K7WCT for helping to plan the exercise.
Cowlitz County Emergency Management (DEM) is offering 3 levels of intructor-led ICS courses at multiple times throughout the year. Contact Larry Hembree or Ernie Schnabler at Cowlitz County Emergency Management: 360.577.3130; hembreeL@co.cowlitz.wa.us or firstname.lastname@example.org
The next ICS Basic course is being offered April 20th from 0900 - 1700. Pre-registration is required!
After taking the class, enrollees must complete the online exam to earn their certification. Course material is also available online, with the exception of ICS-400 (Advanced) which is only offered as an instructor led course
- 04/10 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 04/11 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 04/12 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12 (EOC)
- Email email@example.com to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 04/12 Tue 1900: Columbia Amateur Radio Assoc. Weekly Net
- 04/19: New FCC applications fees take effect
- ARRL Press release explains the changes
for Part 97 (Amateur service).
- New $35 fee is paid directly to the FCC in addition to the previous $15 VE fee and applies to new and upgraded licenses and successful vanity callsign changes.
- $35 application fee also applies to club licenses
- Also: GMRS License Fee drops from $50 to $35
- ARRL Press release explains the changes for Part 97 (Amateur service).
Thanks for reading.
If you have events or reports that should be included in this weekly newsletter, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.