- 04/16 Sat 11:00 HF/UHF/VHF Operations and Training (3rd Saturday)
- KC6FLG, KJ7OX, KB6HD
- VHF packet / winlink workshop
- KF7HVM, KD7UQR, WA7RPM, K7WCT, K7RAI
- Successfully sent and received P2P messages between Winlink Express
Yikes – Snow Damage ❄️
Unexpected weather for April left many in the area without power and some with damaged antennas!
From Rick WA7RPM who drove out to bring Skip WB4DAD a generator and help clear his driveway.
From Butch AE7KJ, limb snagged his dipole
Please feel free to send pictures and news of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the newsletter!
Upcoming Events 🗓
- 04/20 Wed 19:00 LCARA Business Meeting at LCARA
- Zoom link sent to members prior to meeting. Doors at 18:30.
- Previous Minutes - March 2022
Later This Month
- 04/30 Sat 08:00 - 13:00 5th Saturday Comm Exercise
- This will be a primarily digital / packet exercise. Stations will be expected to receive orders via APRS and submit reports via Winlink (or voice to net control, then Winlink).
- Reply to be added to the participant list for more details by email.
Cowlitz County Emergency Management (DEM) is offering 3 levels of intructor-led ICS courses at multiple times throughout the year. Contact Larry Hembree or Ernie Schnabler at Cowlitz County Emergency Management: 360.577.3130; hembreeL@co.cowlitz.wa.us or email@example.com
The next ICS Basic course is being offered April 20th from 0900 - 1700. Pre-registration is required!
After taking the class, enrollees must complete the online exam to earn their certification. Course material is also available online, with the exception of ICS-400 (Advanced) which is only offered as an instructor led course
- 04/17 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 04/18 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 04/19 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12 (EOC)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 04/19 Tue 1900: Columbia Amateur Radio Assoc. Weekly Net
- 04/19: New FCC applications fees take effect
- ARRL Press release explains the changes
for Part 97 (Amateur service).
- New $35 fee is paid directly to the FCC in addition to the previous $15 VE fee and applies to new and upgraded licenses and successful vanity callsign changes.
- $35 application fee also applies to club licenses
- Also: GMRS License Fee drops from $50 to $35
- ARRL Press release explains the changes for Part 97 (Amateur service).
Thanks for reading.
If you have events or reports that should be included in this weekly newsletter, please send them to email@example.com.