Maybe you’re looking for next week’s or last week’s newsletter?
- 01/04 Wed Cowlitz County ACS Meeting at LCARA clubhouse
Later This Month
- 01/18 Wed 19:00 LCARA Business Meeting
The third Saturday of each month is typically a training and operating day at the LCARA clubhouse.
This month, the third Saturday is also the January ARRL VHF Contest, so we will be setting up around 10:30 for the contest period starting at 11:00 PST. Further details TBD, if you are interested in helping coordinate, please respond.
The club station has capabilities on 6m (SSB, FM); 2m (SSB, FM); 1.25m (FM); 70cm (SSB, FM); 33cm (SSB), 4 of which can be simultaneously operated, with a shared log book.
- 01/28 - 01/30: Winter Field Day (unofficial)
February 8, 2023 - Presentation Night: Homebrew Quad Loop
Brian KJ7OX shares his experience with building and operating a vertically oriented, horizontally polarized, rectangular quad loop for 10 meters.
With 10m activity increasing, this is a great build to get on the air and catch some DX, particularly as the solar cycle continues to increase. You don’t need to hold a General class license to get on HF!
For more information on this antenna build, supplies, and dimensions please see the following links:
- A Gain Antenna for 28 MHz (QST)
- Practical Antennas: Dimensions for Vertical Full Wave Loops [local mirror]
- 01/09 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 01/10 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12, 224.660 MHz (EOC)
- Email email@example.com to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 01/15 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 2000 Woodland Checkin W7DG 147.300 MHz T114 +060
- 2015 Roundtable W7DG 147.260 MHz T114 +060
Thanks for reading.
Kindly send any comments, corrections, events, pictures, stories, or content for this newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.