Upcoming Events 🗓
- 01/18 Wed 19:00 LCARA Business Meeting at LCARA clubhouse
- ZOOM link will be sent out on Wednesday morning
The third Saturday of each month is typically a training and operating day at the LCARA clubhouse, however, this Saturday we will be operating the station from the beginning of the ARRL VHF Contest period at 11:00 PST 2023-01-21 until around 16:00 PST 2023-01-21.
The recently upgraded W7DG club station will be operated with the following capabilities.
- IC-7610 on 6m SSB - Beam
- IC-7100 on 2m + 70cm SSB - Vertical
- IC-9100 on 2m + 70cm + 23cm SSB - Beam
- FT-736R on 1.25m SSB - Vertical
- IC-705 on 2m + 70cm SSB - Vertical [REMOTE station]
- 01/28 - 01/30: Winter Field Day (unofficial)
February 8, 2023 - Presentation Night: Homebrew Quad Loop
Brian KJ7OX shares his experience with building and operating a vertically oriented, horizontally polarized, rectangular quad loop for 10 meters.
With 10m activity increasing, this is a great build to get on the air and catch some DX, particularly as the solar cycle continues to increase. You don’t need to hold a General class license to get on HF!
For more information on this antenna build, supplies, and dimensions please see the following links:
- A Gain Antenna for 28 MHz (QST)
- Practical Antennas: Dimensions for Vertical Full Wave Loops [local mirror]
- 01/16 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 01/17 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12, 224.660 MHz (EOC)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 01/22 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
Thanks for reading.
Kindly send any comments, corrections, events, pictures, stories, or content for this newsletter to email@example.com.