- 01/18 LCARA Business Meeting
January VHF Contest
Last Saturday (1/21) W7DG participated in the ARRL VHF Contest at the LCARA clubhouse. There was a great turnout, and we were operating 3 stations simultaneously throughout most of the day.
As of Sunday afternoon, the club had amassed 89 contacts across different bands and modes for a total of 2,754 points, we’ll see if that’s enough to place.
Thanks to everyone who came by and supported the club.
Upcoming Events 🗓
- 01/25 Wed 19:00 LCARA Technical Committee at LCARA clubhouse
- 01/28 - 01/30: Winter Field Day (unofficial)
At the last business meeting, we decided to bring 50/50 raffles back to the LCARA Business meetings, and potentially other events. Matt, KD7BBJ, has graciously agreed to organize the effort, so all you need to do to participate is bring some cash with you when attending the next LCARA Business meeting on Wednesday, Feb 15th!
February 8, 2023 - Presentation Night: Homebrew Quad Loop
Brian KJ7OX shares his experience with building and operating a vertically oriented, horizontally polarized, rectangular quad loop for 10 meters.
With 10m activity increasing, this is a great build to get on the air and catch some DX, particularly as the solar cycle continues to increase. You don’t need to hold a General class license to get on HF!
For more information on this antenna build, supplies, and dimensions please see the following links:
- A Gain Antenna for 28 MHz (QST)
- Practical Antennas: Dimensions for Vertical Full Wave Loops [local mirror]
- 01/23 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 01/24 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12, 224.660 MHz (EOC)
- Email email@example.com to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 01/29 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
Thanks for reading.
Kindly send any comments, corrections, events, pictures, stories, or content for this newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.