- 01/18 LCARA Business Meeting [Minutes]
- 01/25 Wed LCARA Technical Committee at LCARA clubhouse [Minutes]
Upcoming Events 🗓
- 02/01 Wed 19:00 Cowlitz County ACS Meeting
- In person at LCARA clubhouse, NO ZOOM available due to internet issues.
NEXT WEEK February 8, 2023 - Presentation Night: Homebrew Quad Loop
Brian KJ7OX shares his experience with building and operating a vertically oriented, horizontally polarized, rectangular quad loop for 10 meters.
With 10m activity increasing, this is a great build to get on the air and catch some DX, particularly as the solar cycle continues to increase. You don’t need to hold a General class license to get on HF!
For more information on this antenna build, supplies, and dimensions please see the following links:
- A Gain Antenna for 28 MHz (QST)
- Practical Antennas: Dimensions for Vertical Full Wave Loops [local mirror]
NEW GMRS Net
- 02/04 Sat 1900: NEW GMRS Net - Open to all licensed GMRS operators
- WRNM663 462.650 MHz T114.8 +500 (Rainier)
- 01/30 Mon 2000: Cowlitz County ACS Net - Open to all Amateurs
- 01/31 Tue 0900: CEMNET Region IV Net - Winlink, V-Tac 12, 224.660 MHz (EOC)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly Winlink test
- 02/05 Sun 2000: W7MSH Mercury Mt. St. Helens ERC Net - Open to all Amateurs
Thanks for reading.
Kindly send any comments, corrections, events, pictures, stories, or content for this newsletter to email@example.com.